Value for Money Reviews Done in 1993/94
- Car Parks, Performance bonds, Design fees, Street cleansing, Env improvement schemes, City supplies, Car loan scheme, Abraham Moss, Overtime, sickness & R & S time, TH maintenance, Petrol and fuel monitoring, Security issues, Microfiche, Printing and reprographics.
- District Heating (policy established VFM not necessary).
- Petrol and fuel monitoring – fuel monitoring system to be purchased.
- Depot costs – ongoing.
- Pavement materials (and trip claims) – ongoing.
- Photocopying – commenced.
- Insurance – commenced.
Value for Money Reviews Proposed for 1994/95 (after appraisal) (40 days allocated per review)
Suggested by officers:
- Vehicle parts store,
- Art Galleries – income generation potential,
- grounds maintenance client function,
- collection of housing rents,
- Aboriculture – arising from discussions with Internal Audit
Suggested by BRWP:
- Advertising (council vehicles, lamp posts, posters, role and operation of advertising unit),
- Trade or commercial waste,
- Use of taxis and officer travel.
This text is taken straight from the document written by Kath. This Appendix relates to Chapter 18. I don’t know what R & S time refers to.