Report From the Meeting of Chairs of Committees to Review BRWP (June 1996)
The meeting had a real commitment to collective, corporate working across committees and committee Labour Groups, and a determination that we should effectively co-ordinate the development and implementation of our policies in an integrated manner…
- All chairs were elected following nomination by the Party, and as a consequence should recognise their particular responsibilities individually and collectively to lead, and account for, the implementation of Party policy and Group decisions.
- Chairs of committees should continue to meet on a regular basis to:
- Co-ordinate the preparation of all aspects of the budget;
- Discuss major, corporate policy issues;
- Discuss major policy issues and politically sensitive issues arising from budget implementation;
- Facilitate the effective delivery of our political programmes in an integrated, cross-departmental way;
- Ensure positive agenda-setting to deliver our political objectives.
This text is taken straight from the document written by Kath. This Appendix relates to Chapter 18.